Quotations of Imam Ghazzali we should take note of.

>> Sunday, October 5, 2008

Bismillahirahmaniraheem,
I am very busy right now to give you guys a full excerpt of any works of any scholar. Furthermore the next sections of Ihya Ulum id-Din are very complicated and I am deciding on what is the most beneficial part of the section to post. However I ran across 3 quotes, 2 of Imam Ghazzali and 1 of Hatem Asem to Imam Ahmed Hanbal, (which if you read my past posts you should of already read it. Reason I'm putting up again is because it is important and we need to be reminded of it.) that I believe are very important and need to be stressed. Please note as with all my posts the Italics is the actually written work or the said quote of the scholar, I do this so you may differentiate between what I say and what they have said and this is the 1st post I will actually write my own comment which is NOT in italics.

In The Words of Imam Ghazzali

"Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties." It is a quote from his work dealing with atomism

"The hypocrite looks for faults; the believer looks for excuses." When refering to another Muslim brother who seems to have short comings


In The Words of Hatem Asem

You are not safe in this world unless you possess four characteristics-(1) overlook the ignorance of man, (2) conceal your ignorance from them, (3) seek their good, and (4) don't seek anything from them. This was the answer to Imam Ahmed's question, "What will ensure salvation in the world."

0 comments: