Group Dua

>> Monday, March 30, 2009

Bismillahirahmaniraheem
So recently I have been hearing great debate on group dua and how it has no evidence and that it is biddah. Now I am not a scholar so I do not have an opinion (that holds weight) as to what is the correct view (is it permissible or not.) however there is evidence supporting group dua. So if you are from those who believe its biddah, believe it is biddah but you will learn that the other side has evidence (from the Quran and Sunnah) and if you are from those who believe it is premissable you will learn from this fatwa that you cannot make it fard on people. Unfortunately I do not have permission to post the fatwa on my blog (I'm working on getting written permission from the copyright holder but I have provided a link.)


Fatwa on group dua

Click Here

3 comments:

thelegacymaker March 30, 2009 at 7:33 AM  

This is the best fatwa I have seen thus far. I was told by one sheikh that the "scholars" agree that it is permissible for the Imam to do collective du'a aloud if it is with the intention of teaching the believers how to do a correct/preferred supplication.

I come from a community where the Imam supplicates aloud after many of the prayers. This will stand as one of those issues that is upon the interpretation of the individual. Surely, Allah knows best.

The Ghazzali Blogger April 1, 2009 at 2:27 PM  

Yes My imam aslo makes dua outloud to make people learn. However certain peopel form my msa visited my masjid and starting saying it was biddah and had no evidence. I;m not trying to say their wrong but I wanna show them that there IS evidence.

And on who is right, well ONLY ALLAH KNOWS

marry halal April 2, 2009 at 7:26 AM  

Pretty clear I would have thought.